SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Log Rate Needed using cDAQ-9174

Nice, sounds like you've figured it out.

The 9235 does indeed have a minimum sample rate of 794 S/s when using the internal timebase.

For future knowledge, here's what I would do to simplify things a little:

Set your "Samples to Read" to match your "Sample Rate".

-Since we have a limitation of nothing less than 794 S/s just set them both to 1k for simplicity.

Create an Amplitudes and Levels step and select your strain channels as the "Export to DC Value"

-This is a step I use for almost every test, strain especially. It will take your raw Waveform signal and turn it into a Scalar signal. Honestly not sure whats going on behind the scenes here but there's some averaging it does between the samples to read and the sample rate. Basically it works out to be a smoothing filter which yields a much cleaner signal for your final output signal.
To determine your actual sample RATE when recording scalar signals, divide the samples to read into the sample rate.
In our case 1000 samples to read divided by 1000 Hz is 1 S/s. Try it, I think it'll be inline with what you're looking for. I just ran a test file to be sure and with the above settings I recorded for 10 seconds and got 10 data points in my data file.

I never save my data to log file either, I save to ASCII exclusively but the results should be the same whether you use the "Record" option or "Save to ASCII" step.

Hope that helps!

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
Message 11 of 12
(2,348 Views)

I will try this for sure!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,344 Views)