SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signals in Data View not updating during recording (no "live viewing" of signals)

I've tried multiple versions of SignalExpress and have run into a problem. During recording, with the Data View tab selected and Update Signal Views While Running: Update All Views; using a chart-type format for the signals; Run Configuration: Continous; the screen will paint the signals only upon stopping data logging, or when changing the time scale from Autoscale to Logrithmic and back.

This does not occur on another installation running the same version of SignalExpress, albeit a different OS.

Pertinent information:

MS Windows 7 Pro 64 on a Dell T5400 workstation w/plenty of RAM, graphic power, and Xeon CPU.

Tested SE 2.5, SE 2009, and SE 2012. All ehxibit the same issue. Product activation makes no difference.

Data is recorded and logged correctly; can be viewed in DiaDEM w/o issues.

SE 2009 installed on another machine under MS Windows XP paints updated signals while recording w/o issues. Have matched all settings on the W7 install w/o success.

Have a second box running SE 2012, W7 Pro 32, w/ the same problem.

Using USB or installed DAQ cards makes no difference.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,892 Views)

Hi patmoog,

It sounds like a really particular issue.

What is the specific procedure that you followed to log your data? Are you using the record while running functionality? How are you stopping that logging process? Can you reproduce the behavior by just reading a single channel from a specific device? Are you dragging this signal to your chart before running?

Regards

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,857 Views)

Channels to record are created in MAX, calibrated, then imported as global channels in SE. Of course, if one wishes to record data, one would use the "Record While Running" feature. Logging is stopped either manually by selecting the "Stop" button. The problem can be reproduced not only on a single channel, but also on the other system I mentioned in the original post.

I wonder if the problem is related to the clunky cDAQ USB device not having sufficient bandwidth. I have access to a notebook runngin W7 Pro 64, using SE 2012, and a USB BNC 62XX DAQ. It works fine!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,841 Views)

I don’t think it is related to your USB device since I guess you are using it too with the other computers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,828 Views)