SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignalExpress projects without data collection hardware

I am new to LabView SignalExpress. Our production NI system is connected to NI Hardware and is collecting data and providing live display 24x7.  I am trying to learn that display / data collection system. I have copied the project file to my office desktop computer. However, I am not able to load  that project or develop a similar program on my office computer, which is not connected to any hardware.  Is there a way to run Lab View in a simulated mode without any hardware connected?  Are logical devices supported by Lab View?  Are there drivers for logical devices on a computer?  For example, the computer's hard drive can be viewed as a logical device and Lab Vew can be used to display MB / sec in a chart.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,412 Views)

You can create virtual hardware in MAX that will appear in Sig Ex.
If you launch Measurement and Automation Explorer click Devices and Interfaces from the list on the left. Now click Create New..., Click Simulated NI-DAQmx Device.

You should now be able to build your hardware profile from the available selections.

Next time you launch SigEx these devices will show up if you select a supported signal type.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,377 Views)