From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignalExpress output and inputs sync

Hi everybody

I am using SignalExpress to generate and acquire signals but I am quite new to this software.

The devices that I am using are:

- PCI 6251

- PCI-MIO-16E-1

The 2 devices are synchronized for acquisition: the PCI-6251 uses the clock of the other one.

The output signal is an excitation signal generated via software and sent to the DCO0 of the PCI-MIO and I am saving it to a text file with the other input signals.

During one acquisition I noticed that although the output signal was not zero, the input signals were zero for about 100 samples (sampling frequency: 10kHz): this delay can not be caused by the other instrumentation.

It seemed to me that it was an isolated problem since performing other measurements I did not notice it again but how can I be sure that the output signal is correctly synchronized with the input signals? What should I check on the settings?

Thanks a lot in advance,

best regards

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,294 Views)

Hi Francesco

can you post the Signal Express project file?

Do you have the full version of the software?

Best

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,277 Views)

Hi,

I think I solved the problem but to be sure I'll send you the project file anyway.

I think it was a problem of synchronization between input and output: I was using the ai_sample clock of one device as reference clock for both devices for acquisition. I changed the reference clock for the acquisition to to ao_sample_clock of the device that was generating the output signal, the delay now is just 4-6 samples.

best,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,265 Views)