SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignalExpress NI9402 together with NI9222

Hi together,

I'm using SignalExpress2010 (4.0.0)  for DAQ-reasons (mainly analog signals with NI9222) in an NI9178-rack and want to add a frequency measurement with NI9402. Unfortunately, I'm not able to make them work together. The two NI9222 sample data with 500kHz up to 1M of data - meaning two seconds and started by a reference trigger (digital signal on rack-input PFI0). I want to collect the frequency data with the NI9402 right within that period of time but unfortunately, I'm not able to find any suited settings for that purpose (only 1 value, limited number or continous are available but unfortunately not with extended timing options in order to define a trigger resp. stop the acquistion over time (the frequency varies somewhat and I'm not able to define the exact number of data to define the end of DAQ by an exact value.

I'm desperately looking a solution to that task.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,436 Views)

Dear MarDi,

could you specify what you get when you try an aquisition? Also, take a look into the tab "recording option". You can set a start/stop condition (trigger e.g.) there.

With regards

AndGar

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,402 Views)

Dear AndGar,

thanks for your response.

When I start an acquisition with an NI9402-stand alone project, I get exactly what I ask for (single value, Sample-file...), but what I need, is a data acquistion of NI9222-signals (e.g. 2MS with 500kHz, meaning 2s) and exactly for the same period of time the frequency-measurement (e.g. saved in a separate txt-file). If I start a combinded DAQ in one step, I receive no file at all from the NI9402-module.

And I have no idea, on how to change that.

Best regards

MarDie 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,398 Views)

Hello MarDi,

if I understand you correctly, you are able to measure with both modules when you get a start trigger from PFI0 on your cRIO chassis.

Is you question aimed at how you can add a stop trigger or does the protocol not work? Could you post your SignalExpress program so I could take a look at your task settings?

Best regards

AndGar

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,385 Views)

Hi AndGar,

sorry for this late response, I was on a business trip and couldn't track that problem (although it's pressing more and more).

Attached, I put my testing project - both DAQ-steps work indendently, but my problem is, that I can't find a solution for the synchronization of the two data streams with respect to time. I would be save, if I were able to provide a time-stamp for the period data or if I were able to assign them somehow to the trigger signal of DAQ-step for analog values (PFI0 of the NI9178 rack) as a start trigger. But within SignalExpress, I can't see a solution for that, although I suppose, that there should be one.

Almost near despair of this issue,

BR

MarDi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,338 Views)