From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignalExpress 2.0 on XP Tablet PC Edition

Solved!
Go to solution

I searched in the NI forums, and I found some threads saying that LabVIEW works on a XP Tablet PC Edition.

But what about SignalExpress?

I installed SignalExpress 2.0 over my Tablet PC (Samsung Q1), but when I try to launch the program I can see the splash screen, but then there is the following popup message:

Initialization Error

LabVIEW SignalExpress is not installed.

Please install LabVIEW SignalExpress before running the application.

Can anybody help me?

Tks

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,532 Views)

Hello Vix,

I suppose there aren't differences between LabVIEW and Signal Express Compatibility on your Samsung Q1. Did you already perform a repair of the Signal Express installation? You can also try to upgrade your software at least to the 2.5.1 version so you could fix your problem.

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,517 Views)

I suppose there aren't differences between LabVIEW and Signal Express Compatibility on your Samsung Q1.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean with this sentence. Could you explain it?

Did you already perform a repair of the Signal Express installation?

Yes, but it didn't help

You can also try to upgrade your software at least to the 2.5.1 version so you could fix your problem.

I know I could try, but I'm not interested in it. I can activate a full licence of 2.0 version because I bought a LabVIEW 8.2 Full Development System, but I have to pay if I want a full licence of SignalExpress 2.5. I asked to a NI vendor, and he told me SignalExpress upgrade is not possible for free. Could you confirm this?

Tks

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,502 Views)

Hi Vix,

I mean that both LabVIEW 8.2.1 and Signal Express 2.0 would be supported on Microsoft Windows Tablet Editions. Could you report exactly the software you installed on your Samsung Q1? Did you perform the licensing procedure correctly? According to the error you attached, it seemed that something wrong occurred during the software installation. Anyway you could download the latest Signal Express version (3.0), install it in evaluation mode and verify if you could reproduce the same warning. 

Please let me known how it works.

Regards

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vix

Solved!

I had to update all NI drivers and components using the DAQmx 8.6 CDs instead of the DAQmx 8.5 ones (supplied with LabVIEW 8.2.1).

I didn't install the SignalExpress 2.5 from this CDs, so I'm able to use the 2.0.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,473 Views)