SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Express 2014 and Oscilloskope Tek. DO 2012B CH3 Error? tkdpo2k Driver errors out

Hello Everyone!

i would like to connect my Tektronix DPO 2012B to my pc and store the waveform from Channel 1&2 in Excel/CSV

my current problem is that the if i add the scope to Signal Express 2014 it errors out with:

Eigenschaftsknoten (arg 2) in tek_subDPO2kScopeSetExecParams.vi->tek_subDPO2kScopePreExecute.vi->tek_DPO2kScopeBlockState.vi:1 <ERR>
Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0020) Unknown channel or repeated capability name.
Elaboration: Attribute: TKDPO2K_ATTR_CHANNEL_ENABLED, Channel: CH3

But my scope is only a 2 channel mode, channel 3 to 4 is displayed but stays deactivate.... still this error comes up.

I have updated the Scope Firmware to 1.56 and installed the "Signal Express Tektronix Edition 2.5" but even with this evaluation version it wont work

How can i connect the scope to my pc and put it inside signal express?

Which Driver should i use ideally?

Thank your for any help, Moritz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,526 Views)

Hi Meins321,

Signal Express uses driver calls to configure the hardware and read in measurements.

Do you have any test software from the manufacturer, that works properly with the hardware?

Did you already contact the manufacturer of the hardware to ask if there is a possibility to configure the driver to disable the unused channels or if the device is supported with this driver version?

Since National Instruments does not develop the device, please ask the questions above to the manufacturer.

Best regards.

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,495 Views)

Ok i will message Tektronix about this, but it is kind of funny that the driver itself is hosted by ni.com "IVI Drivers" Section... i thought that if it uses ni visa inside ni max it might come from your side 😛

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,488 Views)

Hello Meins321,

Have you found a solution to this problem? Have excactly the same issue with my DPO2002B scope.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,077 Views)

No sorry i couldn't find any solution..

i ended up using openchoice tek visa some thing.. didn't work nicely 😞

The Tektronix Visa drivers collide with the visa drivers from Ni.

I had a little programm running which could grabb the screen and save it as a file, or can set the scope propperties to certain values. It was made for the tektronix function generators yet you can use it with scopes..have to look for it.

it is more efficient to ditch the idear with the scope software, writing something in labview for it requires high skills and some good driver support, the latter is not there...thank you not tektronik

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,905 Views)