SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Express 2011: reproducible bugs, hangs, crashes, or unexpected behaviors

Although the original idea was to create a consolidated thread, I can assure you that each thread is monitored by an Applications Engineer and any reproducible behaviors will be documented. The best option to provide feedback to R&D or our Developers would be to post on the Idea Exchange, where other users can vote on suggestions also.

I would recommend using an additional step to log the data as shown below.

Add Step » Load/Save Signals » Analog Signals » Save to ASCII/LVM

Please see the following article for more additional information.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/90c1e123127124b08625757000587a17?OpenDocument

If this does not work, I would recommend posting your question in a new thread, since it seems like you have a new issue. In addition to the error messages, basic information about your application and setup will allow us to fully troubleshoot your issue.

What is the goal of your application?

What hardware are you using?

Can you describe or provide a screenshot of your step setup in Signal Express?

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(3,803 Views)

This relates to the Sound and Vibration assistant add in. When trying to write to a universal file format, the record 1 default is to write the channel name. This record never seems to pull in the channel name. If multiple channels are contained within 1 universal file they all receive the same channel name when reopening the universal file in another application.

Adam R Baker
Cummins Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(3,790 Views)

I am having a somewhat similar problem to the cache issue with Signal Express. I am running Labview and Signal Express 2012.

When I convert my Signal Express project into a VI using Tools->Generate Code ->Labview Diagram it generates fine.

I subsequently made changes to my Signal Express project and saved it. I then generated a new Labview Diagram from the project. When I then try to double-click on the Labview VI that was generated, it opens up the older version of the Signal Express project.

Can someone please tell me how to work around this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(3,721 Views)

It seems the only work around I found was to delete the cache and regenerate the code

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(3,707 Views)