SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Signal Express to log when there is a change in state of the inputs (NI USB-6501 logger)

Hello NI Forum, I have recently purchased digital I/O logger NI USB-6501.  This arrived with Signal Express, which I intend to use as a Lite version.  I just wondered if it was possible to set up Signal Express to only add a log entry when there is a change in state of the inputs?  I have this working on a 0.1sec sample period and can interrogate the logs after recording.  Most of the time nothing will be happenning, I just wondered if there was a way to reduce the ammount of data captured?  Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,557 Views)

Hi,

You can add start and stop conditions to the recording options

Capture.GIF

Message 2 of 4
(4,537 Views)

Hi  Jimbo, thanks for the response.  My copy of Signal Express has now rolled back to the Limited edition.  I dont have a license for the full version.  I tried to find the 'Recording options' tab on the screen, but not sure where this is located, maybe this is not supported in the limited edition? I am logging all inputs at 100ms intervals for now.  Regards, Gary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,497 Views)

Ah that unfortunate, and yes start/stop conditions for loging are part of the Full version of SignalExpress 😞

Here's the comparision: http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/purchasing-options.htm

Sorry about that

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,493 Views)