SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE 3.0 periodically crashes when performing simple operations.

During or just after many simple operations, like opening a new Data View, or dragging data from one window to another, or just moving a cursor, SE will periodically crash.  I'm running SE 3.0 on Windows XP.  My .seproj file is 9 MB.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,077 Views)

Hi AEI, Thank you for using our discussion forums.

Red flags went off in my head when I read that your project file is 9MB.  To me that seems really big, and I would like to know if the project you are using is the source of the crashing, or is it the SE installation.  Do you experience the crash if you open a new project, or does it only happen with the large project file?  If you are only getting the crash with your project then there may be something wrong with it.

If you experience the crashes regardless of which project is loaded, then the installation may be corrupt.  You can try a few things.  First repair the Signal Express installation from add remove programs.  If you are still getting crashes, then I would suggest uninstalling all of DAQmx, and signal express and then reinstalling the latest DAQmx, which installs SE. 

Just for my information, which version of DAQmx and what OS are you using. 

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,050 Views)

Chris,

I haven't found anything in the literature that speaks to limits on SE project files.  Is there one?  I always work with large volumes of data, these data sets were actually on the small side for me.  If the project size limit is the issue, that puts a severe damper on my productivity with this software.

I'm running DAQmx 8.7 and SE 3.0 on Windows XP Pro. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,045 Views)

The only reason I mentioned the size of your file is because it is orders of magnitude bigger than any signal express project that I have used, and it may be causing the problem.

Have you tried using a smaller file?  If so did you run into the same behavior?

If you want, you can post your SE file and I can run it on our end and see if it causes my signal express to crash.  This will let us know if it is your code or your SE installation. 

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,026 Views)

Chris,

At completion, the project file has ballooned to over 14 MB.  I'm not permitted to post the data, as it belongs to our customer, but I think I'll try re-installing SE 3.0, and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your interest and advice.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,023 Views)