SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record mouse cursor movement continuously regardless of position and open window with SignalExpress

Hi my name is Julian and I am a Neurologist from Berlin, Germany. I am currently working on an experiment, where we record brain oscillations directly from electrodes that are implanted in patients brains motor/movement control areas for therapeutical reasons. I have developed a paradigm in Matlab where the patients have to track different target areas on the screen with their mouse cursor. To analyze the brain oscillations together with the movements made, I need a simple tool that records the patients mouse movements continuously over time with a fixed sampling frequency. So I just need the X and Y axis movements at a fixed sampling rate of 200 Hz. 

I do not own LabView and I believe that buying it for this simple task would be a little bit too much. I did find some LabView VIs that seem to do exactly what I need. However, unfotunately I can't use them with my SignalExpress Version.

Here are the links:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2067

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3461

Does anyone know, how I could use these scripts with my SignalExpress 2013 software?

At the moment I am using matlab to track the mouse position, convert it into an analog signal that I record again with the same USB NI BNC Box. This isn't necessarily bad, it's just that it's pretty imprecise and too slow.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Julian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,318 Views)

Is it not possible? Does anyone have any idea about it?

I would be very grateful for any input.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,221 Views)

Hello Julian,

SignalExpress is for data aquisition;

that means it is not possible to run these VIs in SignalExpress.

You can buy the LabVIEW run-time engine, which is cheaper. Then you can run the applications of these VIs. So you cannot change anything in the VI but you can run it.

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,214 Views)