SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queston: Import 24-bit 48kHz .wav file in SignalExpress 2012

How can I import a 24-bit 48kHz .wav file from a sound recording into SignalExpress 2012 (from the Sound and Vibration toolkit)?

I found another topic about this issue: https://forums.ni.com/t5/SignalExpress/Read-wav-file/m-p/1922757/highlight/true#M3010

However i cannot run the .vi, which is attached to one of the replys. Is it possible to convert this .vi to one, which is readable in Signalexpress 2012?

I also exported the .wav file to an ascii file using Python and tried to import the ascii file into SignalExpress.

However I got an memory error, when I tried to import a sound recording of only a few seconds in length.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,471 Views)

Attached that VI resaved to LV 2012. You will need to modify it so that you read the correct file location, prefereably a relative path. Or implement a file dialog.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,402 Views)

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for your help. However when I try to use the .vi in SignalExpress 2012. I get the following error:

"Error occurred in Run LabView 2012 (32-bit) VI step.

Please select a VI to open"

Do I need to modify the .vi in order to get a succesfull opening of the .vi in SE 2012?

And can I modify the .vi without LabView?

Greetings,

Ewout

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,398 Views)

You would have to open the VI up in LabVIEW development environment, base at least and then change the paths to where your wav file are located. Now this VI is looking for two beep.wav files (examples paths) at the location of the VI.

Without LabVIEW you will have no success with this VI I would say.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,395 Views)

Unfortunately, I have only access to the software, which is contained in the Sound&Vibration toolkit 2011 (SignalExpress 2012 + NI Sound and Vibration Assistant 2011).

So I have to conclude that for my situation it is not possible to import the .wav files into SignalExpress.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,392 Views)

Attached an example VI, I've not tested it but this will give you a dialog asking for a wav file and will then play this. Should be runnable from SE

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,390 Views)

Thanks, unfortunately I get the same error as the previous VI, which I tried to read.

"Error occurred in Run LabView 2012 (32-bit) VI step.

Please select a VI to open"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,387 Views)

This will not work, you need to add the VI to a source distribution (LLB) and then make the VI reentrant and then also include any vi.lib files run in the VI to the source distribution.

I've made it work over here in SE 2014. How would you run this VI, over and over? or just once per run? Will the step play the same wav file all the time or is it for the user to select every iteration?

The reason I ask is that it's lots of work to set up a computer with LV 2012 and build it there and then it's not good and it needs to be rebuilt. Attached is a 2014 version, if you can download and run SE 2014 this would work for you.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,385 Views)