SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connecting a Tektronix TDS2014C with Signal Express

First of all, Hello to everyone of you and thank you for taking the time to address my question.

I am a relatively new user to both Labview and Signal Express, however i have gone through the tutorials and can use both on a basic level.

My scenario:

I have a Tektronix TDS2014c oscilloscope that is used to measure signals on 3 different channels. I am required to write a program that can monitor the data live and perform on the spot analysis calculations. Currently, i have a program that probably came with the oscilloscope "Open Choice Desktop" that can take a screenshot of the oscilloscope as well as outputting the data a csv file. I have composed a LABview program that can read csv files, and do my calculations as required. However, as mentioned earlier, it is required that this process be done on the spot without exporting as a csv.

My attempt at a solution:

So first of all, i researched methods on how to use instruments with LABVIEW and quite frankly was overwhelmed. However i managed to find the relevant driver for the instrument: "tktds1k2k" and installed it in my instr.lib directory for LABVIEW. Now, in LABVIEW i went through the example VIs for the instrument and i think its quite safe to say i have no idea how to use it.

After that, i read that Signal Express is an easier tool to use for live data aquisition. So after installing the evaluation verion of Signal Express 2.5 Tektronix edition, i went ahead and tried to run the oscilloscope and encountered more problems.

1) The program doesnt detect my oscilloscope as a 2014C, but rather as a 2014B which only has 2 channels.

2) I cant find a way to integrate Signal Express with my LABVIEW VI

Ive searched extensively for a solution but there are very few threads that describe using my model of oscilloscope.

If anyone can help me or suggest any alternative solutions that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

-Nam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,236 Views)

Namdu,

The driver you downloaded should be all the functions you need directly in LabVIEW.  The functions map to the scope's capabilities.

What driver did you download?  I see this one, version 1.4, that includes support for the C version.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E9139659CE034080020E748...

Here's a white paper to get started on how to use instrument drivers.

How to Use an Instrument Driver in LabVIEW Tutorial

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2804/en/

Wayne T. | Application Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,207 Views)

Wayne_T,

Thanks for replying!

Yes, that first link was where i downloaded my driver and i can access it quite fine on LABVIEW.

I have reverted back to LABVIEW rather than try to use Signal Express and such should make a post in the relevant forum.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,176 Views)