cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power interrupted on usb-6229 during recording and data is now not viewable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Andrew,

that's really good news. Yes send the DVD to the address on the CD marking it for my attention.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(5,001 Views)

Hi Mike,

I have sent the DVD to you. Please let me know when you have received it and if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(4,998 Views)

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the CD and your efforts so far. I have followed your instructions and can now playback the logs which is really good. I do have one problem though in that the playback options tab is not present. This means that I cannot zoom in to specific areas on the logs, the most important part being the last 5 minutes. If I were able to drag along the time bar to 5 minutes before the end and then start playback from this moment in time, then this would be OK. When I try to do this and start playback though, the time counter reverts to zero and playback commences from here.

Any ideas on this, or do you think we have now reached the limit on what we can do with these logs?

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(4,980 Views)

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I have been in training for the past couple of days so that is why I haven't got back to you. I had another look at the files and I think I have a little workaround for you. Once you have opened the data file in SignalExpress and imported it, drag it onto the graph display. 

Got to the "Playback Options" Tab. Here you can setup to display 5 minutes of data. Change the field marked "Block Size (samples)" to read 300000. This will display 5 minute blocks of data. Change back to the Data View, and pull the Scroll bar to the end. Skip back  by pressing the "Run the previous iteration" button. 

This should be the last 5 mins of data. 

Just in case you need to use this, if you have imported the TDMS file with a default block size of "1m", this means that every block is 1ms long. In order therefore to display 5 minutes, simply work out 5 minutes in milliseconds = 300000. The "Number of Iterations" shows how many "blocks" of five minutes there are. 

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Andrew McL on 10-14-2008 11:27 AM
Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(4,962 Views)

Hi Andrew,

I fully understand your last reply, but I can't do this becasue as I said in my previous post, the Playback Options tab is not present. As a test, I created a new project within SignalExpress and recorded for a few minutes. When I switched to playback on this new project, the Playback Options tab was present. So it seems that this tab does not apear on imported files.

If this is any help to you, when I imported all my files I then saved the new project so that I could play it back at any time in the future. Each time I run the project though, I get the message box as shown in the attachment.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(4,955 Views)

Hi Andrew,

this attachment might be a clearer picture.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(4,950 Views)

Hi Mike,

I've attached a Screenshot of what I see when I open your file in SignalExpress 2.5. Do you see something different? I have imported the file at this stage. I don't think you'll be able to import the files over the top of the existing logs as I suspect SignalExpress will not like that. My only suggestion would be to create a new project and import all of the logs into that. 

Hope that helps,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(4,937 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply as I was on holiday yesterday. I imported the files into a totally new untitled project as per your instructions on the disk. Once I'd imported all the files, I then re-named them and clicked on Save As and gave it a project name. The picture attached is exactly what I see without a Playback Tab.

Yet if I create a project and record, then the Playback tab is present. It just does not seem to appear on imported files. Hope this helps. Shall I try to import onto another PC with SignalExpress on it?

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(4,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mikea01

Hi Mike,

I think I know what the problem is. Are you using SignalExpress LE? I think that function may not be viewable in LE but I think I have a sort of workaround for you. When you go to import the log files in the "Import... -> Logged Signals from LabVIEW tdms", you can change the block size there. This should allow you to view 5 mins of data.

Please let me know how you get on. 

I've attached an image of the bit I mean,

Thanks,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(4,886 Views)

Hi Andrew,

I am using the full version of Signal Express, so its a mystery as to why I dont see the playback tab whereas you do. If you have any ideas on this in future then please let me know.

Changing the block size has worked for me though. I actually selected a block size of 10 seconds so that I could see the waveform in more detail and then just used the scroll bar at the top of the Playback window to scroll between the 10 second blocks. Being as I originally thought these files were lost for good, then this is quite a good result.

Thanks for all your help and for sticking with this.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(4,877 Views)