From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power calculation using Rogowski coil

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to decide if I should build a VI, or if SignalExpress is capable of computing power based on my transducer selection.

I am trying to calculate three-phase power of a system by using a 2-wattmeter method. I have a NI cDAQ 9178, Rogowski coil, and a NI-9215 module. 

Since the output voltage of the Rogowski coil is 90 degrees out of phase from the actual waveform, I cannot simply multiply the voltage and current waveforms to obtain real power. I need to integrate the signal of the Rogowski coil and then multiply the two signals together.

Is there an option on SignalExpress that allows me to integrate the signal or phase shift the Rogowski output voltage?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jcesar1029

Hi Jcesar,

I think that the best way would be to integrate them in LabVIEW if you have that possibility, other wise a way to do it in SignalExpress could also be to add a LabVIEW step on your SignalExpress project, here you can find a guide that has something similar with a numeric integration.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12714 

Hope you may find it helpful!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,021 Views)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,951 Views)