SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Analyzer (WT3000) over Ethernet

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently attempting to use SignalExpress 2014 to acquire data from a Yokogawa WT3000 power analyzer. I have found the IVI drivers for this instrument here, but it only includes drivers for serial and GPIB. I am trying to communicate over Ethernet.

I was able to add the instrument to MAX (Network Devices -> Create New VISA TCP/IP Resource -> Manual Entry of Raw Socket with IP and port 10001), and the device can be seen. However, when I try to acquire data in SignalExpress (Acquire Signals -> IVI Acquire -> IVI Scope Acquire -> Create new sessions with TCP device from MAX and niScope driver) I get the following error:

"Configuration Error: Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system."

Any thoughts? I am fairly new to SignalExpress and have never used IVI drivers before, so it is possible I am missing something. Or perhaps it is just the fact that only GPIB and serial are supported? Is there any way for me to convert the driver so that Ethernet is supported?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,936 Views)

Hi,

The WT3000 can operate just fine with the Ethernet interface. 

Only it's a pity that the drivers at the NI site are not up-to-date. 

Try the drivers from the attached ZIP. This one support Ethernet.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,899 Views)

Thanks KC, I appreciate the reply. I actually found that driver a couple days ago, and was able to use it to acquire data via LabVIEW. But, I don't see a way to use this driver with SignalExpress. I'm assuming your comment means there is a way to use this driver with SignalExpress?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,859 Views)

The link in your post points to a LabVIEW driver. I posted the driver for LabVIEW that is OK for Ethernet assuming that this will work for you.

I don't know anything about SignalExpress but I think this is only for NI hardware and IVI compatible devices. I don't think the WT3000 driver is IVI compatible.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shansen1

For anyone else who is struggling with this issue, I found a temporary solution. Because SignalExpress only supports IVI drivers (and not plug-and-play drivers), I wrote a LabVIEW VI that uses the Yokogowa supplied plug-and-play driver to query data from the WT3000 and then publishes this data to shared variables. SignalExpress can then read these shared variables in lieu of reading data from the instrument directly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,760 Views)