From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting IVI Power Supply voltage

I am usint SignalEpxress to control to my Agilent N6700B power supply, and I am successfully commanding the instrument and querying the output voltage. 

However, I can't seem to figure out how to plot the output voltage on a strip chart. The 'IVI Power Supply' step only seems to offer two output options:

'over-voltage tripped'

'over-current tripped'

It doesn't therefore seem possible to hook the output voltage of the step to a data view strip chart. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,399 Views)

I don't think you can do that with IVI in Signal Express. You could try instrument control step to query a command to power supply instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,390 Views)

@astibich, just out of curiosity, can’t you accomplish the same in software. Since you’re getting the required values of voltage, you can plot that within the PC. If required these values could then be transmitted to a real-time plotter as well. If you’ve already found a better solution to this, I’d love to know, just for information. It’s the ingenious ideas of people that actually inspire me, like everyone else, to think outside the box.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,058 Views)