SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWS4000 and Signal Express

Hi,

I recently get a PWS4305 power supply, I installed SignalExpress as recommended.

I just want to generate a signal and control the PWS with labview.

So I selected 'add step' ->'tektronix'->'generate a signal' -> 'tektronik power supply'.

Here, a display shows two line, one for the voltage, another one for the current.

I can find my PWS in the VISA Ressource. But how can I generate a signal ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,370 Views)

egfrgr,
I believe you may need to download and install the following SignalExpress step before using your PWS4305:

LabVIEW SignalExpress Step for PWS4000 V2.0.0

Please read through the release notes for installation and usage instructions, copied here for reference.

Steps for using the Steps:
1. Run the setup.exe provided as part of Step Installer.
2. Open the LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition software.
3. Click "Add Step" in the LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition main menu and select Tektronix-> Generate Signals -> select your instrument series.
4. The Step appears in the Project View of Signal Express and is ready to be used.
5. Connect the instrument to your PC.
Note: You can check the connection to your Instrument using the Measurement & Automation Explorer or the TekVISA OpenChoice Instrument Manager.
6. Next, select the device in the LabVIEW SignalExpress step by selecting the "VISA Resource" tab and selecting the device in the "VISA Resource Name" drop down list. At this point, the interface is ready for use.

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,358 Views)

I have a PWS4205 power supply, I have installed Signal Express, and can stand-alone connection operation, but I can not do the data record with the set how long to output voltage, current function, simply say that I want to be able to manipulate other software ; Now no longer support the free version of Tek Signal Express software editor? Or where can I open these features, please reply to: 〝eason.lin@rs-components.com〞

and 〝ted.lin@rs-components.com〞, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,864 Views)

Hi,

Is it possible to clarify your question? From my understanding, you are running into issues when trying to log data from your PWS4205 using the LabVIEW Signal Express Step that Jared posted above? Can you describe the issues that you are running into?

Justin

Applications Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,839 Views)

Hi  Justin,

I hope that its connection function can help me to automate the operation, such as: record test data, can control it in a specific time (or seconds) output voltage (or current), these features I can't find the software Steps, please teach me, very grateful!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,813 Views)

Hi tb34,

There is a video walkthrough on data-logging in SignalExpress that can be found here:

http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/daq.htm

It goes over most of those topics so should be a great resource!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,783 Views)

Hi  Justin,

Is it possible to provide Source code? Although I think the chances are slim, but our software engineers still want to get, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,728 Views)