From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlap during recording

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody!

I am a new user of the Signal Express / Sound And Vibration Measurement Suite user, and have some “small and easy” questions. Hope you can help me with it!! I have seen that when making a “Playback” of a recorded signal, I have the option of introducing an “overlap”, as on the attached picture:

Dibujo.JPG

I want to know if I can do something similar when “Running” the Project or when visualizing the spectra “on real-time”. Maybe changing the value of this overlap to the range between 20% to 80%. How can I do this?, is it possible? 

Thank you all!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaramburu

Hi aaramburu,

Unfortunately this operation mode is not available in recording mode. The reason is that this functionality is intended to be used for data analysis. You might be aware that overlapping is extremely useful in speech and sound analysis. However, you can still apply overlapping for monitoring your signal's spectral power. This can be done through the analysis step "Zoom Power Spectrum":

overlap.JPG

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,129 Views)

Dear dSierra,

First of all thank you so much for your time. I supposed it was not possible but now I am sure.

The "Sound Power spectrum" step is an option I did not know until your response, but now I will use it in my next sound analysis.

Thank you!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,115 Views)

Dear dSierra,

we have tried to do so, and it works! the problem is that it works if for example you use the value of sound pressure level (dB). In our case, sometimes we want to visualize the value of dB(A), and to do so, previously we use the "Sound Level" box in order to convert the value of dB to dBA. If we try to visualize the "Zoom power spectrum" of the dB it is OK, but not for dBA, do you know why this can occur?

Thank you so much once again!

best regards,

Aitor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,080 Views)