SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output signal with rate limiter

Hi,

I've been using SE to monitor and record (to file) various signals from my cDAQ.  I'd now like to add a customisable output signal (for driving a valve) - 0-10V sinusoidal with a rate limit, switchable on and off, with a user definable frequency (hence the rate limit).

Is this possible in SE, possibly using a LabVIEW VI?  Should I be transferring everything over to LabVIEW instead (or possibly recreating it from scratch - I currently know nothing about LabVIEW).  Or is there another solution I should consider?

(I believe that I have the right cDAQ modules for this - it's just a question of the correct software solution to aim at...)

Many thanks for your advice.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,627 Views)

There's a Create Analog Signal step that will allow you to create a 10v sine wave.
You'll need an appropriate analog output module to match your load.

what are you working with currently? Some will only drive about 1mA per channel

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
Message 2 of 3
(3,611 Views)

Thank you OKors.

If I use Create Analog Signal, is there a way for me to turn it on and off without stopping and restarting the SE recording?  I only want to run the signal for part of the testing time.

My boss wants me to include a rate limiter - to protect the valve.  I'm currently trying to check if the valve has internal protection already, but if I need to do some kind of rate limit, or maybe some mathematical equation based on the current valve state (output by the valve) and the user demand, can I do that in SE (possibly importing a LabVIEW VI) or do I need to use pure LabVIEW?

The question of current demand hadn't ocurred to me.  We're using an NI 9263 which is limited to 1mA per channel, as you suggested.  But the valve we're using states 0-10V with a 20k resistor, which I think gives us a max current of 0.5mA.  Thank you for prompting me to check!

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,591 Views)