From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No complex waveform in SignalExpress

Can anyone confirm that complex in/outputs of LabVIEWs dont work when you try to utilze them with SignalExpress 2009?

I just used the Execute VI - LabVIEW 2009 step with double waveform and it worked. After changing to complex waveform sgl the output did not appear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,912 Views)

Hi jojp

could you please post the VI you used for testing?

Kind regards

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,901 Views)

Its a simple sinus wave generator. You can download the LLB here: http://drop.io/ni_gen_llb 

You should import the gen.vi

Please note that I´m using LabVIEW 2009

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,896 Views)

Hi jojp,

What do you mean with complex waveform, an array of complex numbers (2+3i)+dt+t0??

Kind regards

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,893 Views)

Yes, Waveform is a LabView standart format and I want to use to one with complex single precision float values.

In LabView it works perfect, but when you insert VIs with in/ouputs utilizing this features they won´t appear. 

Best regards jojp

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,871 Views)

Hi jojp,

I found the following KB which describes the datatyps you can use when using a LabVIEW VI in Signal Express.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/16C5D8013AD8EDF486256FFE007B19BC?OpenDocument

so unfortunatly you can't use complex waveforms in Signal Express

Kind regards

Carsten

NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,855 Views)
Thans Carsten, found the same page before. But I thought complex is not excluded explicit.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,798 Views)
You can split your real and imaginary parts into separate arrays, but you may or may not be able to do what you want with them in SignalExpress afterwards.  We are aware of this issue.
Message 8 of 9
(6,794 Views)

Hi DFG,

I thought about that, but for my project changing all LabVIEW VIs to make them fit to SE is a major drawback.

Best regards jojp

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,792 Views)