SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory errors after 3 hours recording

I need to record data on 36 channels over a period of three days.  I would like the data in 30 second chunks.  I am haing two problems with this.  I have sest up my log files to record in 30 second chunks but after 3-4 hours of recording I start getting memory errors.  It doens't matter whether I am recording 30 seconds every 5 minutes or continuous data in 30 second chunks.  Also, it doesn't seem to matter whether I store the data on a relatively small (13 GB) internal solid state hard drive or a much larger (2 TB) external hard drive.  Is there some kind of memory buildup that is overflowing after 3 hours?

As a related question, when I am logging to the external hard drive the recording status in the recording options tab still shows the disk information for my internal hard drive. 

Also, if I'm allowed another question, I am trying to use a Save to ASCII funtion to produce a backup to a different location.  Is there any way I can alter the file size to make them larger than the amount of data to be read in?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,518 Views)

Hello Roger,

Quick question, what sampling rate you are using on what card? Also what is your start and stop condition in SE. Did you try continuous logging? Also does your system slows down after a while logging data? Not quiet sure on why this is happening?I believe RAM or harddisk is full after 3 hrs of data logging.

-lab

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,501 Views)