SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX & NI-DAQmx missing drivers

Are all of SBC files on the working computer present on the laptop?  No.  There are no SBC files on the target.  There also are no SBC files on the working computer, so I'm not certain what you are looking for.  This directory has 17 SDC files in it on the working computer where the target has just 2.

In an attempt to move forward, the caps folder was renamed and the repair process run on all nine NI modules. 

The repair process completed without error, however at the conclusion of the repair, there was no new Caps directory created.

Now when the target is booted, the following new error dialog appears:

NI - 902 Install Error 3.jpg

This error dialog did not appear prior to running the repair.  It appears the error-free repair process has further corrupted the install rather than repair it.  Prior experience is that re-installation will not fix this problem.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,906 Views)

Hi wbf,

It would appear to me that you've done a lot of troubleshooting, and it looks like Heather has done significant homework as well.  At this point, I understand not wanting to upgrade your driver because things haven't gone swimmingly in the past.  However, if it were me, I would run remove all of your NI drivers and start fresh, installing only NI-DAQmx 9.0.2 (as Heather had previously suggested).   Have you been turning off your anti-spyware software while doing installations?  I know that the first error that you were getting is a Windows error, however, there is not clear documentation of remedying it.  

When you go to Control Panel»Administrative Tools» Services are you able to start nidevmon.exe (or the NI Device loader)?  

Either way, it's becoming more obvious that you have a corrupt installation.  A good question to ask at this point is, what is different about this computer than the other computers that work (mentioned in your first post)?  You may want to refer to a thread like this one that discusses doing a clean install.  Have a good one!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,884 Views)

It would appear to me that you've done a lot of troubleshooting, Duh.

and it looks like Heather has done significant homework as well.  I have seen no evidence of that.

At this point, I understand not wanting to upgrade your driver because things haven't gone swimmingly in the past.  However, if it were me, I would run remove all of your NI drivers and start fresh, installing only NI-DAQmx 9.0.2 (as Heather had previously suggested).   If you had done YOUR homework, and actually read the posts, you'd know this has already been done, and the recent error dialogs posted are the result of the failed 9.0.2 install.

Have you been turning off your anti-spyware software while doing installations? Yes.

I know that the first error that you were getting is a Windows error, however, there is not clear documentation of remedying it. I cannot possibly be the first customer to encounter this error.  NI created this installer package, and you have NO documentaton on errors which may be encountered when running it?!?!?

When you go to Control Panel»Administrative Tools» Services are you able to start nidevmon.exe (or the NI Device loader)?  This service is not present.  There are nine services which reference NI or National Instruments.  All show stated, none of them resolve to nidevmon.exe or 'NI Device Loader'.

Either way, it's becoming more obvious that you have a corrupt installation.  Really?  Reread post #1.  You'll note corrupt installation was my original complaint.

A good question to ask at this point is, what is different about this computer than the other computers that work (mentioned in your first post)?  The most obvious difference is the Target machine had a working install of 8.5 when this whole mess started.  That is also noted in the prior posts.

You may want to refer to a thread like this one that discusses doing a clean install.  Thank you for the info.  I note the posts making these references date from 2005.  How unfortunate it takes 13 posts to your support forum to finally dig this out.  Unfortunately, other than the deletions of the specific registry keys noted, these actions have already been taken without resolving the issue.

Have a good one!  The good one happens when I stop wasting my time and my customers money with NI.   

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,878 Views)

Hi wbf,

I apologize that this has been such a frustrating issue for you.  I can assure you that Heather has been working with R&D to get to the bottom of this, but obviously, the problem that you've run into is extremely rare and they are still trying to get to the bottom of what is causing it (so to answer your question, yes, you may actually be the first customer to report this). Something I must still ask is whether or not deleting the registry keys when cleaning your computer fixes the installation issue (you mentioned that you did not do this in previous un-installations).  To go one step further, have you considered reformating your computer? If that's not something that appeals, you could reinstall the Windows Installer as a troubleshooting step since it looks like the issue could very well be associated with the Windows Installer.  Finally, I did want to double check that you had seen this KnowledgeBase about error 1722. It seems that error is not necessarily an NI issue

If those additional troubleshooting steps don't remedy the issue, you can give us permission to pull your contact information  from the user profile you created and we can create a service request for you so that you can work with an engineer over the phone to get this resolved more quickly.  Please let me know if you're interested in doing that. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,841 Views)

I apologize that this has been such a frustrating issue for you.  I can assure you that Heather has been working with R&D to get to the bottom of this, but obviously, the problem that you've run into is extremely rare and they are still trying to get to the bottom of what is causing it (so to answer your question, yes, you may actually be the first customer to report this).  Since the info you now point me toward dates back to 2003, I'm obviously not the first to enconter these issues.

Something I must still ask is whether or not deleting the registry keys when cleaning your computer fixes the installation issue (you mentioned that you did not do this in previous un-installations).   Cleaning up the specific keys noted in the recent references has not yet been done and will await authorization to spend more time flogging this issue.  Alternative solutions are being investigated.

To go one step further, have you considered reformating your computer?  No.  This is an absurd request.  The time spent reformatting then reinstalling all of the software is completely wasted.  Why not just buy a new computer?  

If that's not something that appeals, you could reinstall the Windows Installer as a troubleshooting step since it looks like the issue could very well be associated with the Windows Installer.  Finally, I did want to double check that you had seen this KnowledgeBase about error 1722. It seems that error is not necessarily an NI issueWhen problems occur installing your software, whether the problem is a Windows component or not is a moot point.  It's your installation and your problem to solve.  Reinstalling the Installer could be done, however, no problems have been noted with the Windows Installer either prior or subsequent to the issues with the NI software installation.  

If those additional troubleshooting steps don't remedy the issue, you can give us permission to pull your contact information  from the user profile you created and we can create a service request for you so that you can work with an engineer over the phone to get this resolved more quickly.  Please let me know if you're interested in doing that. Have a great day!  Should these additional steps not produce meaningful results, it is doubtfull that any further effort chasing an NI solution will be spent.  

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,818 Views)

Hi wbf,

Let me clarify what I meant about you possibly being the first one to see this issue.  The issue I was referring to is the original issue you reported about missing devices to simulate.  Yes, there have been installation issues in the past, but yours is unique in a number of ways.  

Additionally, I know you said that it's doubtful you will spend any further effort pursuing an NI solution, however, please know that the option is always open to you.  Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,797 Views)

Hi aNItaB,

Since wbf may be the first person to report this error, I would like to emphasize that he is not the ONLY person to have these errors.  I have had these exact progression of errors with NI-DAQmx, MAX and the installer.  I have done all of the suggested fixes, including removing the registry components as suggested in the MSI blast documentation.  I still have the same installation error with NI-DAQmx 9.02 and cannot simulate any NI-DAQmx devices within MAX.  I am most interested in finding a fix for this issue and hope that one is still being pursued at NI.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,720 Views)