From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Data Logs after log full error message appeared.

I am using a USB -6009 with Signal Express v2.5.1 to log a single channel of data, I created snapshots of this data so that I could analzye it later.  While running some test yesterday I got an error message saying that the Log was full.  On recieving this message I removed some old snapshots and continued without anymore promblems to the end of the day.

On starting up Signal Express this morning all my snapshots from yesterday are gone, including those which where recorded before the error message occoured.  All log before yesterday are present and viewable.

Are the missing snapshots likely to still be on my machine and no longer visible or are they deleted?

Any help?

Ian  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,784 Views)

Hi Ian,

I apologise that it has taken so long for this matter to be addressed.  Are you still experiencing problems with Signal Express?  If you still require support for this issue please let me know.

Regards,

Thomas Clark 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,717 Views)

Hello Ian,

Unlike logs, which are stored in separate files and linked from SignalExpress projects, snapshots are stored within the project file, so if the project was not saved (due to closing, crash or otherwise) or if the project became corrupted then the snapshots are lost. We are looking into solutions for external storage/linking to these for future versions to prevent this sort of data loss.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,685 Views)