SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging a running vibration and a single voltage CompactDaq and Signal Express

I have a CompactDAQ with a 9233 IEPE module as well as a 9201 analog input module. I would like to measure a weighted triaxial vibration (running rms or rms) and one voltage over time, then save this to a file. I only need to get a sample once per second.

I have a couple of issues:

1) In order to measure vibration, I need to set the sample rate to something such as 25KHZ. Signal Express forces me to keep that sample rate for the analog input module also. Is this ok?

2) I can't seem to find a function that allows me to just take a reading of voltage (9201) and vibration (9233) once per second then save it to a file. The file save dialog does not seem to like mixing the signals.

3) Running at 25KHZ, whenever I try to save the voltage, it literally saves 25000 readings every second. I just want one value.

Any ideas? Again I just want the running vibration (three axes) and a single voltage saved to a file once every second.

If I need to, I can move to Labview but I was hoping to do this in Signal Express.

Jeff  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,484 Views)

Ok sorry I figured it out 🙂

I just used amplitudes and levels to get a DC value and I calculate the running rms vibration once per second, then I append to the file so each line is at one second intervals and consists of X,Y,Z vibration rms as well as a DC voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,482 Views)