From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged data is "gone"

My logged data does not show up in the Playback mode. The data files are still in the same directory, but not all of the data files display data within the program, all but one record is blank. What do I need to do to restore the data files?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,212 Views)

Hi Adalogue,

Have you been able to follow the procedure outlined in the below document found on ni.com: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E07BB90F42D614CA862573ED006F65AC

What version and suite of SignalExpress are you using?

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,186 Views)

Thank you for the tutorial, but it doesn't provide me with any help, I imported the data exactly as it describes (TDMS).

I am currently using an evaluation version of Sound and Vibration Assistant 2009. We are considering buying a full copy after our evaluation expires but are concerned about the apparent loss of data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,171 Views)

Hi Adalogue,

I think the issue you are facing has more to do with SignalExpress rather than Sound and Vibration Assistant which is an added toolkit. If I misunderstood something, feel free to correct me.

As for the SignalExpress I think the below forum post will help you move forward: http://forums.ni.com/t5/SignalExpress/How-do-I-view-entire-signal-in-SignalExpress-Playback-mode/m-p....

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,151 Views)

Same issue here !

My graphs are empty despite I correctly loaded my 130MB TDMS file. Full ASCII export of the log gives also an almost empty file. Smiley Sad

Channel names :

start times :

dt :

data :

Previously I was able to read it without any problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,926 Views)

I am also experience problems in data logging.

I am using Labview Signal Express 2011 to measure/record thermocouple readings, and am getting inconsistent results in the data saving to the log after I stop recording. While recording an experiment I am able to click/drag the thermocouple readings into the data view from both DAQmx Analog Acquire and the Log. Everything appears to be working correctly and I am able to see my data from the start of the experiment up to real time, but as soon as I stop recording and switch to Playback the data disappears from the Log. When I try to export the data from the log it says I have 0 samples.

I say I am getting inconsistent results because this problem does not always occur. Sometimes it saves to the log, other times it disappears. I can't think of anything I'm doing differently between successful and non-successful logs.

From what I can tell we have the full version, not LE. I have tried renaming the log before and after data acquisition. I have limited to capturing a single log at a time. I haven't seen any correlation to the amount of data acquired, i.e.large vs. small number of samples saving. I am lost on what could be causing this issue.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

-bh3

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,797 Views)

Hi,

do you get any error when the logs don't save correctly? Also, does the same project always exhibit the same behavior? For example, does  a project that saves log data always save log data and does a project that fails saving log data always fail?

When you say inconsistent, how often does it fail to log the data?

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,692 Views)

Logs aren't empty and I think they are not corrupted.

LSE fails to read datas from these logs.

I was able to read and export my logs and suddently it stops working.

I moved then my tdms files to an other machine, created new empty LSE project and imported into it my tdms files. It worked again for the first import. I tried then to import a second tdms file into the project, then the project stopped again working.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,675 Views)

Gabriel,

Thank you for your response. I do not get any error when the logs don't save correctly. In fact, after I stop the recording I get a message saying "You have successfully created your first log" that informs me about the playback option. However, after I clear that message and click/drag the log into the playback data view it is empty of all samples. 

Running the same project does not always exhibit the same behavior in regards to succesfully saving the log data. As far as how often this occurs, it seems to come in batches of a handful being succesful followed by a handful being unsuccesfull. I would say overall it fails about 30% of the time.

Thanks again,

bh3

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,658 Views)

Hello guys,

It looks like there was a similar problem related to log files which were renamed from the original filenames created by Signal Express. Are you attempting to import/open these TDMS log files after renaming them or are you still using the default log names? If you delete the log file from the project in Signal Express before re-importing it, does your data display correctly?

Have you attempted to open the TDMS files using a TDMS Viewer, such as the one found in LabVIEW?

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,609 Views)