SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Signal Express and Matlab

Hello,

I am using Labview Signal Express to acquire and log data from an injection moulding machine (with NI USB-6218).

The logs contain more than 65000 samples so my boss told me to treat the data with Matlab.

Can anyone tell me how to do that? (I think that I have to export these data in a text file before but how???)

Thank you very much for your help

Regards.

Helene

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,213 Views)

You can right click on a signal in the log and select "Convert to ASCII".  If you want automatic ASCII file generation you can enable ASCII file generation from the logging section in the "Tools>>Options..." dialog.

Have you tried "treating the data" using the playback functionality built in to SignalExpress?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,208 Views)

Hi!

thank you, this advice helps me a lot

hln

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,199 Views)
Hello,
I have a similar problem. I would like to save data in ascii file and then use it with matlab. The problem is that the numbers are saved in the txt file as following : 1,25647... and for matlab the ',' is a separator between to numbers.
How can i change this setting to save my data in ascii file with the format 1.25647... ? I don't where, in the option, I can set the char '.' instead of ','.

Thanks in advance
Mahel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(9,862 Views)

Hello,

I haven't used Matlab but OriginPro 7.5 - so I can't help you for this problem. Sorry

hln

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(9,854 Views)
thanks anyway hln.
By the way, i wrote a matlab function to solve the problem. but it takes so much time ...
So if someone has the answer to my problem, i would be please.

Remi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,852 Views)
To get rid of the "comma" problem go to regional settins in the windows control pannel, change the decimal separation character and reboot the computer.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,591 Views)
Hi there, I’m currently studying mechatronics in Sligo institute of Technology in Ireland and we have to do a SCADA project using LabVIEW to control an injection moulding process. I work in the Water and waste water treatment area so I’ve no experience of Injection Moulding. I found your address on the web and was wondering would you have any screen shots of what an injection moulding SCADA interface would look like or a schematic/P&ID  of an injection moulding process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Richard Crowe

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,316 Views)