From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possile to plot amplitude vs rpm?

Hi!

Is it possible to plot measured vibration signal against rpm obtained via analog tacho processing (speed profile)? 

Like this:

ttt.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,611 Views)

Hi,

In this situation, I would try using the XY Graph for your plot. With XY graph you simply feed it a set of x and y values and it will plot that for you. For your case, you can just feed it your set of vibration signal data and RPM data and it should plot it for you. I have linked our help page on XY graph to give you some more info on how it works (It's about halfway down the page).

Link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/types_of_graphs_and_charts/

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,569 Views)

Hi!

I don't uderstand how to take Y from speed profile to feed XY graph. Can you try to do that on my data? (see attached, Voltage2 - analog tacho, scaled signal 1 - vibration signal from proximeters)

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,534 Views)

If you are using the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite, there is a Bode Plot graph, with examples.  This plots vibration versus RPM and is useful for identifying machine resonances.  If you have the Sounda and Vibration Measurement Suite, look for the bode plot example. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,531 Views)

Thanks for the answer. I have sound and vibration toolkit but bode plot is not suitable for my purposes.

P.S. I found two more problems with signal express:

1. How to plot full vibration signal after filtering? It plots only period of time.

2. How to plot anything in a certain moment (orbit for example)? Should I "catch" the right moment while it starts drawing (after I press <run> button)? Is it possible to plot graphs step by step or in certain moment of time?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,488 Views)

Hi,

The article linked below shows how to do an XY graph in signal express. As for the other 2 questions you had, I just want to clarify and make sure I'm understanding it correctly. When you say it only plots period of time, are you saying it is leaving out part of your data? If that's the case you should be able to just edit the scale on the x-axis to show the full period of time you were collecting data.

For the second question, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Is there an event happening at a particular time that you are trying to capture? Perhaps triggers would be appropriate here.

Link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B82BFECDB98774BB862573B400799846

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,469 Views)