SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing/Exporting clock reference with 5133

Hello-

I am using SignalExpress for some simple DAQ.  I would like to either import or export a clock reference to lock to my signal source, but have been unsuccessful.

Signal Express does have a tab in which I can choose the PFI1 as the reference clock, however I"m greeted with the following...

Error -1074135022

Possible reason(s):
Attribute or property not supported.

Device: Dev2
Property: Reference Clock Source

Status Code: -200197

The 5133 manual suggest that importing/exporting the clock is in fact an option.

Is it just not an option through Signal Express?  Do I need to make my own VI with the DAQ-mx VI's?  Maybe the reference I'm providing it is incorrect and it knows?

---
Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,819 Views)

Message Edited by cochenob on 01-22-2010 04:08 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,816 Views)

After some more investigation...it appears that you cannot export the reference or sample clocks OUT on the PFI line of the 5133.

However...it does appear that you can IMPORT a reference clock.

As mentioned above...SignalExpress doesn't seem very happy when you try to do this.

I found a program in this thread.... http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=41035&query.id=2207663#M41035

...where the author makes their own scope using the NI-SCOPE VI's.

I modified the program using the ConfigureClock.VI to import a reference...however only with the same error message of this task not being supported by this device.

What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,810 Views)

Hello,

Where is your clock source coming from and what rate are you running at?  Could you please post a screenshot of your code so that I can see how you have things configured.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,776 Views)