SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported ASCII data set truncated to 100 Ksamples when X-axis is ref'd to column

I have several data files that hold one time column and eight data columns that are greater than 100 Ksamples long.  When importing to SE 3.0, the entire data column is shown in the import window, until I reference the X-axis to the time column.  After this, the data set is always truncated to 100 Ksamples (or 100 seconds, which in my case amounts to the same thing).  Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,230 Views)

Hi AEI_JR,

It sounds like perhaps there is an issue with the data in your time column. Is there a time point for each of the rows of data? Would you mind posting those ASCII files? I'd like to try it out and see if I can reproduce your issue. 

Chris W
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,212 Views)

Chris,

I can't find a disparity in the length of the time column vs. the other columns.  The files that are long enough to show the problem are close to 10 MB - probably too large to upload here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,204 Views)

Hi AEI_JR,

I have done some testing and have found that this behavior is actually a bug in the software. I have filed a Corrective Action Request (CAR) to try to fix this in one of the next releases of Signal Express. If you would like to follow the status of the CAR, you can call in and use this CAR #137485. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris W

Message 4 of 5
(6,193 Views)

Chris,

I understand.  It was more of a curiosity for me, as I was able to work around it.  Glad the issue has been identified.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,191 Views)