SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI DMM step won't connect

When I try to connect my IVI DMM Acquire step to a 34411A, I get the following error:

ivi_IviDmm Configure Power Line Frequency [PLF].vi<ERR>
Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0011) Does not support this class-compliant feature: method %1
Elaboration: FunctionId: 69, FunctionName: ConfigurePowerLineFrequency

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
ivi_IviDmm Configure Power Line Frequency [PLF].vi
ivi_subDMMPreExecute.vi
ivi_InstrDMMBlockState.vi:1

I'm guessing that the IVI Dmm Acquire step is attempting to call the IVI 'ConfigurePowerLineFrequency' function, which is (apparently) not supported by the 34411A driver. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,969 Views)

Hi Aaron,

When you are setting up you IVI DMM Acquire step are you following the steps of the “IVI Instruments Steps in LabVIEW SignalExpress” KnowledgeBase article I have attached?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/589469164F1FCC0F86256FFF007368AD?OpenDocument

What specific steps did you take to get the error?

Do you get a specific error code other than the Hex error code?

Sam Burhans
Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,944 Views)

I did follow the IVI setup steps that you linked to, and have successfully connected to other instrument types using IVI drivers (power supply and scope). The DMM is producing a connection error because my DMM (Agilent 34411A) does not support the power line frequency feature. I'm asking if there's any way I can avoid this problem. Can you tell Signal Express to ignore state initialization errors? Can I modify 'ivi_subDMMPreExecute.vi' such that it doesn't query for the power line frequency state?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,926 Views)

Hi Aaron,

I currently have not found any resources that allow SignalExpress to ignore initialization errors. However I did find a resource that has the command for the power line frequency for your device (page 8). http://www.home.agilent.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/34410A_Quick_Reference.pdf?&cc=US&lc=eng

You can modify the 34411A library so that this command is not used during your IVI DMM Acquire Step; however, I was unable to find the subDMMPreExecute.vi in a search of the project. 

Sam Burhans
Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,912 Views)

Hi,

I did not see where to create a new post but I am having issues running my experiment.

Error -1074000000 occurred at Tektronix DPO MSO 2000 4000 Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi

Chinonso_0-1706556189530.jpeg

Possible reason(s):

Instrument reports:
113,"Undefined header; Command not found; :DAT:RESO "
0,"No events to report - queue empty"

Complete call chain:
Tektronix DPO MSO 2000 4000 Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi
Tektronix DPO MSO 2000 4000 Series.lvlib:Configure Record Data.vi
Tkdpo3014_read_data.vi
Tkdpo 3014 waveform averaging two channel v1.vi
ESP300Z-Scan_GPIB_3014_Oscilloscope_v4.vi

What do I need to do to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Chinonso

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(360 Views)