SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to record data from 4 channels on a Tektronix oscilloscope and only see channels 1 & 2 in LabView Signal Express

I have been successfully taking data from the first two channels on my Tektronix TDS 2024C digital oscilloscope. I need to record data from channels 3 and 4 in addition. If I open SignalExpress as I am reading signals from, say, 3 channels, SignalExpress automatically presents "TDS 2024C(CH1) and TDS 202C(CH2)" and no additional channels. Furthermore, if I read signals from solely channels 1 and 3, SignalExpress only recognizes channel 1.

How can I get SignalExpress to recognize all 4 channels?

Thank you,

NeutronTucker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,572 Views)

Can you attach a few screenshots showing how are you selecting only channel 3, and then Signal Express only showing CH1 and CH2 as the available channels?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,556 Views)

The only way that I have been able to get SignalExpress to recognize any channels is to get signals running on the scope, then opening a new experiment. The program then recognizes the two channels and reads out the signals on both Step Setup and Data View, shown in the screenshot.

I also have a third signal on the oscilloscope that is not being recognized by SignalExpress as I initiate the new experiment and see the first two channels.

I need to see the third signal in SignalExpress (and have potential for a fourth).

Thank you for the help~

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,547 Views)

I have the same problem..... when Labview just show 2 channels, and this works correctly, but I cant add any more..... and the tds2024 has 4 channels.... ?Could you help me, please.?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,543 Views)

I was hoping to see a screenshot when you actually use the Add Step to select channel 3, and then Signal Express only showing CH1 and 2.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,521 Views)

Under which option within "Add Step" allows me to select additional channels?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,515 Views)

I did a research on this problem and found out the probable solution might be to delete the virtual name mapping to channel names. The following whitepaper has detailed information on how to configure the virtual name mapping:

Using Measurement & Automation Explorer to Configure Your IVI System

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4594/en/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,500 Views)

I am still struggling with this issue and have tried quite a few things. I configured one of the Driver Sessions in the Measurement & Automation Explorer such that the TDS2024C scope hardware is added via the Resource Descriptor that SignalExpress recognizes in the Tek TDS step (it is in this step, within verticle channel settings, where I see only two channels instead of four, as shown in the screenshot).

When adding the IVI Scope Acquire step with the appropriate IVI session name correlative to the session that I configured, the Tektronix device is not being recognized, though there are 4 optional channels to enable.

Any assistance linking the driver session with the device (or another idea) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,485 Views)

thx

IN CONFIGURATION DEVICE ITS OK, BUT IN THE PROJECT I CAN ADD ANOTHER CHANNEL.... HOW CAN I SOLVED THIS?

THX IN ADVANCE

tds1.jpgtds2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,470 Views)

This is rather strange, and at this point I would recommend if you guys call NI technical support and open a service request ticket.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,467 Views)