From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view signal in a waveform chart in Labview Signal Express?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to view a signal in Signal Express 3.0  in a "waveform chart" but don't know how to do it and I am thinking that it may be impossible?

In Labview there are two ways of viewing data, either in a "waveform chart" or in a "waveform graph". The great thing with "waveform chart" is that it lets you define a history length and you can see the data move to the left (strip chart option) as the samples are being retrieved. It works perfect. 

In Signal Express I can only select "XY graph" or "Waveform graph" by making a right-click the mouse but I cannot select "Waveform chart". Is it really true that it is not possible to view the data in a "waveform graph with Labview SE? (1 analog signal being read continuously, 100 samples to read at 1K rate)

Thank you in advance,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author enrvid

Hi Enrique,

You are correct that there is currently no waveform chart in SignalExpress. The closest thing you can get to, is recording the data as a log and then viewing it while recording (which I realize is not quite the same, interactive behavior).

For your last comment, you wrote "waveform graph", but I assume you meant to say "chart" there as well.

Sorry about this. We have recently been getting this request, so perhaps in a future version.

Phil

Message 2 of 3
(6,416 Views)

Hi Phil,

thank you for the fast reply. Sad that SE doesn't support "waveform chart" but that's the way it is.

Yes, you are correct in assuming that I meant "chart" instead of "graph" in my last comment.

Regards,

Enrique   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,412 Views)