SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove SigExp full features from LE project

Solved!
Go to solution

We purchased a USB-6210 and installed the SignalExpress Eval version. I collected data for a project and was evaluating the various data logs. I was apparently using some of the features of the full edition, such as filters. However, I now find out that the limited version only allows one log per project, so that could be an issue too since I collected multiple logs in the same project. When I returned from vacation, I found that my eval period expired and now the project won't open because it has full feature steps in it. I need my raw data back. How do I remove the full-feature steps so that I can get at my data using the limited version? I really like the full version and would like to purchase it, but your price is way beyond affordable.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,868 Views)

Hi Dave,

Can you open Signal Express without loading the project? If so you can display the steps available in the Full Edition by taking the following steps:

Select Tools » Options to view the Options dialog box.

On the General page, select Yes in the drop-down menu for the Show unlicensed steps option.

These steps are shown in the KnowledgeBase article below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/25A18738FF4EE1C88625730900694E03?OpenDocument

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,850 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LaserCut

If you used the logging feature of SignalExpress to save your data, it was stored separately from the project.  You can find it in timestamped folders under your <Documents>\SignalExpress Data folder.  You should be able to open the TDMS files with Excel using the Excel plug-in which installed with SignalExpress.  You can also open it using anything which supports TDMS.

If you used the snapshot feature, the data is saved in your project.  Post your project and we can extract it for you.  Please let us know what format you would like it in if you do this.

On a side note, what would you consider a reasonable price for the software?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,845 Views)

Thank you. I was not aware of the TDMS files - very useful information. In the meantime I had figured a way around the problem. Even though it wouldn't let me open the project directly, it did allow me to import logs from that project. I could then export the data to Excel where I can do some simple processing.

Regarding acceptable price... The price may, in fact, be reasonable for all the features and capability included. However, I don't normally need anywhere close to that capability. Unfortunately, there is nothing in between a package with very few features and one with everything you could ever think of. If there was something in between with, for example, multiple logs per project vs. just one, a couple of simple filters, etc., I might be able to justify spending another $200 to my boss. As it is, I quickly developed a methodology to use the limited version to export to Excel and filter the data there, so NI has probably lost the chance to sell me anything more.

Thanks again,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,834 Views)