SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate input signal in SignalExpress (BH curve measurement)

Hi.

I need to measure BH curve. For this I should integrate voltage in output coil (for calculating B). But I don't know how to integrate signal in SignalExpress. (btw I have read many topics in this forum, but I still don't know it =).

Two input signals (current in input coil and voltage in output coil) I measure with Tektronix TDS 1000B. I work in LabVIEW SignalExpress TE 2.5, which allows to run scripts of LV versions 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5 (*.vi files or *.dll libraries). I try to run many *.vi scripts, but no one work correctly.

Can somebody tell me how to integrate input signal in SignalExpress?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,259 Views)

Good afternoon Djohn, 

SignalExpress is a great tool for taking in voltage and current inputs, and you could easily use it to calculate B. After talking with one of the support members at Tektronix, I confirmed that the TDS 1000B should pretty muchwn be plug-and-play once you have installed the correct drivers. I wanted to make sure that when you installed LabVIEW SignalExpress that you went through the hardware installation wizard, and allowed it to auto-find and install the necessary VISA drivers. You can check this by going into your Windows device manager (Start » Control Panel » Device Manager) and making sure that your Tektronic device shows up there. Be warned, it may show up as a USB test and measurement device.

If it is there, you can right-click it and select update drivers which will auto-find the drivers and update them. Once you have this completed, if you are still having trouble I can point you to some tutorials on how to get started with SignalExpress. 

Best of luck! 

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,247 Views)

Thnx, kgarrett.

But I know how to work with TDS1000B (I have TDS1012B). I know how to connect TDS1000B to computer (and SignalExpress). I know how to measure signals with TDS in SignalExpress.

I don't know only how to find integral of input signal.

In my experiment I have to integrate input signal for B (B - magnetic flux density) calculating...

So I have one question - how to integrate signal (how to find integral of signal) in SignalExpress v2.5?

p.s. I need something like this - SignalExpress Step for Numerical Integration, but for my old version of SignalExpress (because my SE don't support LabVIEW 2009 scripts, only 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,244 Views)

Hey Djohn,

From what I understand after talking to some SignalExpress experts, the process for implementing a Run LabVIEW step should be fairly similar in 2.5 to the one outlined in the lnik you posted. For more specific help, you can go to Help»LabVIEW SignalExpress Help  and look for Building VIs for Run LabVIEW VI Steps.

You might also want to consider the sound and vibration assistant. It is a plug-in to SignalExpress which has an integration step. If you would like some more information on that, please post back and I will get that information for you. 

Good luck!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
Message 4 of 9
(8,237 Views)

i have an two input. That is current (magnetic field intensity) and flux density.  By using xy graph i got graph. but i donot know  how to find out area of the graph. if you have any idea pls send me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,691 Views)

Hi parameswaririthick

NI tries to keep organize all the issues and forums so they use one forum per issue.

This is an old forum try to post new questions in new forums in the future.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to calculate area of a XY graph

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,676 Views)

thank for your replay , i want one help. how find out area by using double numeric integration. explain with example

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,648 Views)

Hi parameswaririthick

I have tried to do it myself but I have not been able to do it. It seems that I might not be possible in signal express but I do know that is possible on LabVIEW

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,628 Views)

good evening sir/madam

thank you very much for your reply. your material related to  signal express. but i need double integration based on DAQmx. Kindly help you sir. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,615 Views)