SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the "mil" in Data View's large Display meter

Hi, there!   I have two analog voltage inputs that I am having signal express V2.5 to collect data on.   The first input is scaled to inches while the second input is scaled to pounds.   For some reason, as i bring up the large display in Data View, the meter will show this "mil" thing.   It won't go away until the scale reaches 1.0000.   For instance, if the scaled signal is less than 1.0000, it will indicate 900mil, 800mil, 50mil 1mil, and so on.....   This really created alot of confusion for my lab.  

I am hoping if you guys can tell me a way to make 900mil to become 0.900, 50mil to 0.050, and 1mil to 0.001

Thanks in advance!

Kin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,543 Views)

Hi Kin,

Sorry about this. I don't believe there is a way for you to change this in SignalExpress 2.5. However we did add this ability in SignalExpress 3.0. Most displays now have a property page, including the Large Display, which allows you to specify the format and precision shown, including to remove the SI notation. By right-clicking on the Large Display and select Properties, go to the Format & Precision tab, and select the Floating Point option (instead of SI notation).

Again, I'm sorry to say that this option is only available in SignalExpress 3.0+.

Phil

Message 2 of 2
(5,536 Views)