SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one close extra data views?

When opening a particular project, there is a point in the process where a bunch of blank-graph data-view windows appear and disappear. Finally when the project finishes opening, there is only one data-view tab open/visible but if I click on the Menu --> View --> Data View item, I see all the extra "views". How can these extra views be deleted or otherwise eliminated?

Too Many Data Views.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,931 Views)

If you right click on the actual Data View tab, and click "Close", there should be a pop-up window that asks if the tab should be permanently removed from the project.  Click "Yes", and that should get rid of it.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,910 Views)

@James-B wrote:

If you right click on the actual Data View tab, and click "Close", there should be a pop-up window that asks if the tab should be permanently removed from the project.  Click "Yes", and that should get rid of it.

If I understand this right (and I may not because I had not seen SignalExpress before yesterday when I got called in to help with it, because I do know LabVIEW) if I do what you suggest, then the primary data-view tab gets blown away (possibly taking all the extras with it). That would seem to remove the ability to view acquired data without first having to manually setup a new data view tab. I don't want to do that. I want to keep the primary data view tab and only dump the extras.  Here (attached) is the somewhat tedious process I came up with to eliminate the extra data-view windows.  I was hoping that there was a more expeditious way of doing this.

Message 3 of 3
(4,908 Views)