SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view entire signal in SignalExpress Playback mode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Problem:  Playback only displaying 1 block of samples instead of ALL the samples collected when I click "Run".

Setup: 

Monitor / Record:

DAQmx Acquire Analog Input (Acq Mode: Continuous, 1k samples @ 10kHz),

Create Analog Signal (DC Signal 100kS/s, 1000 sample block size),

DAQmx Generate Analog Output (N Samples). 

Playback:  Same steps as Monitor / Record, except DAQmx Generate Analog Output is Continuous Samples 1k samples at 10kHz.

I have dragged my data from within the Logs folder per Help Documentation Instructions "5. Play Back the Data"

All of the data is successfully written to a TDMS file and converted to ASCII. How to I view the entire length in Playback?

Using: LabVIEW SignalExpress v2.5.1 Lite, NI USB-6221

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barkeram
This is a much requested feature that you cannot do in SignalExpress - yet.  A workaround is to view the log in Monitor/Record mode.  It is not ideal, since you can only browse the signal, not analyze it.  Our apologies...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,290 Views)

Your workaround fits my needs.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,279 Views)

Hi barkeram,

Something you could do in the Playback mode is change the "Playback block configuration" in the "Playback Configurations" View to see and manipulate the entire data. For example, my default block size was 100 samples and my entire data contains 2800 samples (as shown by the number of iterations = 28).

I can change that to be Block Size = 2800 samples (which is my entire data) in which case I will have only one iteration. My data view will now show all my data rather than just a block.

You don't have to know before hand how much data the log file contains. Just multiply the default block size and number of iterations (when you select playback) to get the new block size and enter it in the Block Size field.

Message Edited by Nitin T on 04-14-2009 05:43 PM
Message Edited by Nitin T on 04-14-2009 05:45 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,270 Views)
Wow!  This is a shocker to a total novice like myself.  Is it a reality that I cannot view the entire data collection as it happens.  As you may recall, I am recordifying load cell, thermocouple, and RPM data from RC motors while I tune them.  My hope was to have the graph do an ever expanding read out ( kind of like an actual graph printer).  If I look at the data in the Monitor/Record mode, what do I lose?  In my case, I really only just want to let it run forever if need be, while I tweek the motors to their optimum performance manually. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,240 Views)
Ragewizard, please note that in my scenario, I am intentionally disabling updates to the Data View while I record data. I am using an old/slow machine and this boosts performance.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,236 Views)
If you are collecting data, you are in Monitor/Record mode and you can view all your data as it comes in (or browse to a part of it or monitor the current buffer).  It is playback mode, after your log is complete, that has the current limitations.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,221 Views)

Just an FYI, SignalExpress 2010 has an option on the data viewer to show the full log, while in Playback mode.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,813 Views)