SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate to IPS in Sound and Vibration Assistant 6.0?

Solved!
Go to solution
I have found how to integrate time domain signals to m/s in S&V Assistant 6.0, but not IPS.  I could scale the signal, but the axis labels will be wrong.  How can I integrate directly to IPS from G's input?  Also, is there a way to do the same for frequency domain analysis?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,951 Views)

Hi AEI_JR,

What you'll want to do is click on the Properties... at the top of your graph in your Data View.  Here, you'll want to select Scales within the Display Properties, choose your Y -axis and choose to use the multiplier to convert meters to inches.  You'll then want to change the name of those units to specify (in/s).  Let me know if this isn't clear!

Message 2 of 5
(6,937 Views)

Anita,

Thanks, that was an easy fix for the time domain.  I still don't see a way to integrate the frequency domain though.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AEI_JR

In the sound and vibration assistant - use the vibration level step,

on the Integration tab - select double integration and click export integrated signal

Now you have a displacement signal in the right units.  Do a spectrum on this and you will get a spectrum of the integrated signal.

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
Message 4 of 5
(6,927 Views)
Worked like a charm.  Thanks to you both.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,911 Views)