From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change X-Offset for a DAQ aquired signal

Hi,

I am using a NI USB-6210 DAQ and SignalExpress 2014. I am using DAQmx Acquire in SignalExpress to get the signals. How can I change the X-Offset of the Voltage sine wave that I have from DAQmx Acquire.

Thank You,

Nik Nelson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,001 Views)

Hi there,

Can you attached a screen shot to see what is going on wtih your SignalExpress?

Does your signal have an offset by it self? If so you can refer to this white paper

1-  How Do I Subtract a Constant Offset Value from a Signal in LabVIEW SignalExpress?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/555B4791612E261E8625763F0031DC2C

Also you can take a look of this white paper

2- Zero Offset

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371268M-01/expresswb/zero_offset/

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,936 Views)

I was about to get the offset to work when i used step "Interactive Alignment" and change the value in "Alignment"->"X-Offset". I also change the value in "Operator Mode", but whenever I disable Operator Mode, SignalExpress automatacally changes the "X-Offset" to 1.100. Why does the X-Offset value keep changing without me changing the value in operator mode? Is there a way I can fix it?

Thank You,

Nik Nelson

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,924 Views)

Hi Nik,

I did a project in signal express to try to simulate your issue, but when I chose the step "Interactive Alignment" by the X offset was set in 0 by default. 

In you case if you set the X offset to 0 and run the task it changed to 1.100 automatically? and this happened when you have the operator mode disable only?

Can you change the X offset mean while the task is running?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,896 Views)

Yes I can change the offset manually while in operator mode, only on the operator interface. Then when I click on "Disable Operator Mode" and run the project again, it changes the offset to 1.100 and will not let me change it back to 0 unless I uncheck "allow x-axis offset"

Thank You,

Nik Nelson

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,837 Views)

Hi Nik,

So unchecking the "allow x-axis offset" and turn the offset to 0 works for you?

If you try to create a quickly task in MAX to see the signal that you are acquiring, does your signal have the same offset that you are seeing in SignalExpress? or this happened only with SignalExpress?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,811 Views)