From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate and acquire a signal with USB-6008 in SignalExpress?

Using SignalExpress and NI USB-6008, I'm trying to generate a signal, acquire it again, and view a graph of said results, but I'm having a lot of trouble doing so. Please could somebody clearly explain (step by step) how I set this up in SignalExpress so that it works with the 6008? This task sounds like it should be ridiculously easy but I've been trying for days and made little progress.

I've so far picked up that I think I have to put the generate and acquire steps (and create signal step if I need one) inside a sweep step, something to do with the 6008 only being able to deal with software timed inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,908 Views)

NB I have a potentiometer with one outer 'pin' connected to GND, the middle pin connected to AO0 and the other outer pin connected to AI0. I had the exact same set up in NI DAQ-MAX, and was able to generate a graph that responded in real time to me twiddling the potentiometer knob, so I'm pretty sure my wiring's right. G-d help me if it isn't.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,904 Views)

Hi lakejevi,

Have you installed the DAQmx drivers?

Here are some ressources on how to acquire and generate signals in Signal Express:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371268P-01/expresswb/step_acquire/

Regards,

Mark

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,857 Views)