SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Error

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

Application: ExpressWorkbench.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(System.String, System.Drawing.Font, System.Drawing.SizeF, System.Drawing.StringFormat)
at Infragistics.Win.DrawUtility.MeasureStringHelper(System.Drawing.Graphics, System.String, System.Drawing.Font, System.Drawing.Size, System.Drawing.StringFormat, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Boolean, Infragistics.Win.GdiDrawStringFlags)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.GetTextSize(System.String, System.Drawing.Font, System.Drawing.Graphics, System.Drawing.StringFormat)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.GetTextSize(System.String, System.Drawing.Font, System.Drawing.Graphics)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.CalculateAllMetrics()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.VerifyMetrics()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.InitializeFirstDisplayedTabItem(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.ITabItem, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.ScrollType, Int32, Boolean)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.VerifyFirstDisplayedTabItem()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.get_FirstDisplayedTabItem()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableGroupPane.SynchronizeChildPaneInfo(Boolean)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableGroupPane.InternalProcessPaneSize(Boolean, System.Drawing.Size, System.Drawing.Size)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockAreaPane.InternalProcessPaneSize(Boolean, System.Drawing.Size, System.Drawing.Size)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockablePaneBase.ProcessPaneSize(Boolean, System.Drawing.Size)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockablePaneBase.set_Size(System.Drawing.Size)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.WindowDockingArea.SetPaneDisplaySize()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.WindowDockingArea.OnResize(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement.SetBounds(System.Drawing.Rectangle, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.DefaultLayout.xLayoutDockedControl(System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement, System.Drawing.Rectangle, Boolean, System.Drawing.Size ByRef, System.Drawing.Rectangle ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.DefaultLayout.LayoutDockedControls(System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.DefaultLayout.xLayout(System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement, Boolean, System.Drawing.Size ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.DefaultLayout.LayoutCore(System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement, System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.LayoutEngine.Layout(System.Object, System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBounds(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Forms.BoundsSpecified)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.RefreshDockAreaSize()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.DirtyChildElements()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.DirtyChildElements(Boolean)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.DirtyChildElements()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnSubObjectPropChanged(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Shared.SubObjectBase.NotifyPropChange(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolbarsCollection.OnSubObjectPropChanged(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Shared.SubObjectBase.NotifyPropChange(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarBase.OnSubObjectPropChanged(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbar.OnSubObjectPropChanged(Infragistics.Shared.PropChangeInfo)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolsCollectionBase.Clear()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolsCollection.Clear()
at NationalInstruments.SignalExpress.UI.mswViewWrapper.Dispose(Boolean)
at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize()

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,179 Views)

What error is it? Is it a general error? or is it on a particular line of code?

Does the code just stop? Does it compile? Does it give you any other message?

I see a lot of lines of code, can you tell which line is generating the error?

Can you isolate the error? maybe eliminate lines that are not critical to the execution

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,151 Views)

It occurs when the program is running, and it stops the program and sometimes crashes SignalExpress entirely.

The actual error descriptions are on the third through fifth lines of code. 

What do you mean eliminate lines that are not critical to the execution? This is SignalExpress. I don't have lines of code that I program in. I only set up the steps in the program and run it. The lines of code that I posted is all the error description. I didn't "code" any of it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,144 Views)

Hi VSPTechnologies

Thanks for the clarification. I ran some sections of the error description through our internal database, and unfortunatelly, I was unable to find any similar issues. This seems though, quite a general error that might be related with:

- A compatibility issue between the .NET framework, Signal Express or the OS you are using

- A corrupted installation of either, the framework or Signal Express

Can you please let us know:

- Which version of Signal Express are you using? 

- Which OS is SE installed in?

- When did this start? Where there any software changes in the PC before this hapenned? Have you considered force reinstalling SE?

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,114 Views)

SignalExpress 2015, Windows 7. I get errors all the time. It's very frustrating because it'll work just fine one day and crash the next. I worked with NI for a year on it and still don't completely understand the program.Sometimes it is this error and a lot of the time it is 200279 or whatever the memory error is. I've tried everything that NI recommends and nothing works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,106 Views)

Do you have the ticket number where the case was handled? So we can check the previous recommendations, and have an idea of what has been done until now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,082 Views)

No. It was many many many ticket numbers...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,069 Views)

The description for the error is very general, without any further information, the recommendations we give you may not address the problem, it could be from an update of a driver, to a bug on your application, that's why we'd like to check the documentation on the previous tickets, if not, we will probably need more detailed information about the problem, the moment when it happens, the system settings, the environment, the functions used and so on. Please take a look to find the ticket number.

If you do not have the ticket number? can you provide us with more information about it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,053 Views)

I know it can be frustrating to get errors like these, it is annoying not to know what it is that is happening.

I asked about those things to help us narrow down the issue and not repeat the same steps that you were recommended

Count with us to help you with what we can.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,043 Views)

I understand this, but this is really the heart of the problem. The description of errors given by the software don't really mean anything. If you search online for the 200279 error, there are many ways that a given error can be produced, and the description isn't necessarily different each time. I realize that the developers probably can't write a long description for EVERY error and EVERY cause, but I think they could have done better than the way it is... 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,995 Views)