cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter warning and ascii save error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am performing modal analysis using a impact hammer, USB NI 9233 cRIO DAQ and Sound and Vibration assistant. The steps have been set in Signal express as DAQ Acquire =>Trigger=>Filter=> Power spectrum => FRF => Save to Ascii.

I am facing two problems which I cant understand. Inspite of selecting data for saving as an ascii file it keeps giving me an error saying data file needs to be selcted. I selected the filtered data, FRF, coherence in separate save as ascii steps. Also the filter issues me a warning that the triggered data is not contiguous. What does this mean? I have selected the option of continuous samples in the DAQ Acquire tab. Do I need to change something else? I tried using both IIR and FIR filters and it still displays the error that Signal is not contiguous.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StuMtu

Hello StuMtu,

Thanks for your post!

For the save to ASCII file problem I would say to make sure that you have a path specified in the File Settings Tab of the Save to ASCII/LVM file step. See the picture attached below. Also the warning you are getting about "contiguous" data means that the information that you are sending to the Filter step is not of a continuous Time Stamp Data. I am assuming here that you are only sending the trigger data from the 9233 to the Filter step. So for instance if your event happens 1 second apart then the data going to the filter is not continuous/contiguous. The data going to the filter is continuous but the time stamps do not fall right after the other. This is OK and its still going to filter your data but its just letting you know that your data is not continuous since each block of filtered data does not have a consistent time stamp. Let us know if this clears up your problems or concerns and have a great day!

Cheers!

Corby_B

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,213 Views)

Hello Corby_B,

It was filtering data and presenting me the result but having a warning was just irritating. Thank you very much for the clarification I did not know it had something to do wiht the time stamp. Also, I had mentioned the path name it still was saying that I have not selected a data file. Though I will try it again and hopefully it will work.

Thank you very much again. Have a great weekend.

StuMtu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,206 Views)