From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Load Project: OA Express Datatypes not Compatible with SignalExpress 2014

Hi,

since a few days now, I am trying to get SignalExpress 2014 Full running on my workstation. I deinstalled and reinstalled all National Instruments components multiple times, but I always receive the following error (see also the picture attached) when I try to open a certain project:

Failure to load project

Installed component versions are not compatible with the version of the SignalExpress 2014. Please install the latest versions of the following:

1) OA Express Datatypes

Previously, there was also "DAQ Assistant" mentioned in the list of missing components/components with incompatible versions, but I could solve this with installaing NI-DAQmx. But I could not find anything looking for "OA Express Datatypes" --- I neither know in what package this component is located nor what the purpose of this component is.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,287 Views)

Hi!

In case that somebody runs into this message, I got the same error on a Signal Express project 2013 project with Labview and Sound and Vibration 2015 on a Windows 10 Machine:

-------------------ERROR---------------------

Installed component versions are not compatible with the version of the SignalExpress 2013. Please install the latest versions of the following: 
1) DAQ Assistant 
2) OA Express Datatypes 
3) Sound and Vibration Assistant 

----------------------------------------------------

Untitled.png

I solved it doing this:

For DAQ Assistant, Installed DAQmx.
For OA Express Datatypes and Sound and Vibration Assistant, launched the Sound and Vibration installer and installed the support files and the Sound and Vibration Assistant

It worked fine, I could load the project; if you use Windows 10 keep in mind that the software is not supported by Windows 10, so, unexpected behavior could present.

Cheers!

Message 2 of 2
(3,178 Views)