SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR HANDLING CURSORS WHEN EXPANDED SIGN (ZOOMED).

I'm having trouble using the cursors in the analysis of signals recorded with SignalExpress.

If I use cursors with full signal on the screen, they work correctly. But when I take a zoom on a piece sign to see some detail, I lose control over cursors, I can not position them on the signal displayed on the screen.

What's worse, if I move the signal to locate a cursor and click on it, the selected region of the signal changes and the cursor moves to the right corner of the display.

To me, this is a very atypical and strange behavior, which is more a bug than a setting. I've scoured the settings and found nothing to solve the problem. I also did the recommended updates, which did not solve the problem.

A another behavior I noticed yet, though strange, is that if I keep selected from the beginning of recording time stretch, I can move the cursor as desired. The problem is that this makes it impossible to see any detail of a sign of long recording time, as the density signal on the screen would be great.

Someone can explain me how to solve this? I use SignalExpress 13 (v9.7.5). Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,922 Views)

the cursors won't follow the selected region fo your signal, for that you have to pull the cursor to the region you want to analyze 

you can use the scroll bar of the region showned, located below your signal, to navigate to the section you want to analyze, and you will to find the cursors along the signal and pull then...

let me know if it helped you Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,880 Views)

Thank you. Your explanation is the behavior I expected. The problem is that when I analyze some of the signal under zoom, cursor positioning do not obey my commands, as explained above. However, there is one detail today in another battle to try to find some solution, the behavior has been normal. Have a condition that still do not know what that creates this failure. Once you find out, post here. This behavior, that time gives the problem, not time, as sometimes occurred.

Thank.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,874 Views)