SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Signal express save averaged data to LVM / Ascii / UFF file or all the individual runs?

Hello,

I am acquiring impact datausing NI sound and vibration and NI cRIO 9233. I am averaging the data over 10 hits and saving it to Ascii, LVM files. When I open the file in excel I see 12500 readings. The frequency resolution is 1.25Hz and range is 0 - 1562.5Hz that gives me 1250 divisions, which means its storing each of them separately. Why is it doing so and not storing the averaged data?

Also could I possibly set a condition where the data is accepted by the software only if the hit is good and I want to accept it. May be like a condition where I could accept that data by clicking a push button?

Attached is my acquisition template and also the data in ascii format. I collected data for 10 averages but the set is showing data for 11 averages or sets of 1250 each. Could someone please help me out.

I need to get this going as soon as possible as I want to transfer data from Sound and Vibration assistant to another software.

Thank you.

Message Edited by StuMtu on 10-30-2008 11:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,794 Views)

Hey Stu,

You had asked this question a while back. Did you have any problems implementing the solution I provided?  If so, please post in the original forum and we can take it from there.  Thanks!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,740 Views)