From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to buy SignalExpress to use a ENET-9472 Digital Output Module.

I’ll describe my application and then ask the question. We are life testing DC motors.  For each motor we measure the armature temperature. We are controlling the on/off duty cycle with a PLC.  If the temperature exceeds a limit we want to send a signal to the PLC to shut down the test. Here are my question:

LabVIEW SignalExpress LE comes with the purchase of the ENET-9213 thermocouple module. It does not have the alarm feature. LabVIEW SignalExpress does have the alarm feature but costs $749.

If we use an ENET-9213 thermocouple module to measure the temperature and a ENET-9481 Digital Output module do we need to purchase LabVIEW SignalExpress to send an over temp signal to the PLC?

Thanks;

Tom Renner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,378 Views)

Hello Tom,

Judging from your application, it sounds like you need to be able to send a software trigger when your thermocouple module reaches  a certain value. If that is the case from the LabVIEW SignalExpress Help comparison table, it appears you are going to need a licensed SignalExpress

To verify whether or not the software suits your application, I recommend downloading  and installing LabVIEW SignalExpress and using the 30-day free trial of the full edition software. Just download the latest version of DAQmx, this will install SignalExpress and allow you to simulate the hardware so you can try programing the application during your 30-day trial and verify SignalExpress is right for your application. 

Three Levels of Data-Logging Software from National Instruments

Message Edited by ManLongAtNI on 01-11-2010 10:43 PM

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,349 Views)