From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Data to wav file format

How are you saving the logs in Signal Express? You can save the signals to a .lvm file and then use the corresponding LabVIEW VIs found in the Signal Express palette to read the data in.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,325 Views)

Hello, 

I have saved them within the SignalExpress program as logs and also as .lvm files. I am unfortunately not familiar with the method you are suggesting to export the .lvm files into LabVIEW. If anyone could help explain that procedure it would be greatly appreciated. 

Tristany

Biologist

Smith-Root

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,314 Views)

Hey Tristany,

In Signal Express, to save data to a .lvm file just click Add Step>>Load/Save Signals>>Analog Signals>>Save to ASCII/LVM. Make sure to select .lvm in the step properties because the default is usually a text file (.txt).

Signal Express LVM.png

In LabVIEW there is a "Load from LVM" VI in the Signal Express Palette to read in the .lvm you saved in the above step. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
Message 13 of 14
(3,306 Views)

Thank you Ryan, this was very helpful. I found the step in LabVIEW to upload .lvm files, now I am just working on how to then save these uploaded files as .wav files. Do I need to connect it to a waveform graph or can directly change the file type? Any insight would help. Thank you so much! 

Tristany

Biologist 

Smith-Root

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,298 Views)