SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling an AC Power Source with Signal Express (HP/Agilent/KeySight 6812B)

Hi,

I am trying to controll my AC Power Source with Signal Express.

I have installed the IVI driver that implements the IviACPwr  class and it shows up in NI MAX. I can also controll the source in labview using the IviACPwr Vi's,

However, I can not add the Instrument in Signal Express. In fact the only IVI instrument classes I can add are DMM, Scope, Fgen and DC Source.

In the documentation I have only read that Signal Express needs IVI drivers, but never that it is restricted to certain classes of Drivers.

Used Driver: ag6800

Signal Exrpess version: 2014

Am I doing something wrong or is Signal Express just not capable of controlling an AC Source?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,101 Views)

The only IVI-C instruments that LVSE can control are DMM and SCOPE.  The problem is that LVSE is a visual programming platform and IVI-C drivers have not any GUI programmed.  LVSE must provide the GUI for an IVI-C instrument.  It is fortunate that NI chose to provide a generic GUI for DMM and SCOPE IVI-C instruments.  It is unfortunate that NI has not yet provided GUI for other IVI-C instruments like sensor, balance, and power source.

Aalternatively, you can search for a LLB for your instrument and run via LVSE "Run LabVIEW 20xx VI (32-bit)" step.  Beware that the LLB must be configured specifically for LVSE.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,679 Views)