SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Signal Express prompt the user for the next ascii file name?

I am using the following to collect data from Thermocouples and Strain Guages in our plant.  It allows me to plt data every second, while recording only every 3 seconds to cut down the file size.

Big Loop- 

Small Loop- 

Conitional repeat...

DAQmx Aquire...

Statistics (mean) Temp...

Statistics (mean) Press...

Current Iteration...

End Small Loop-

Save to ASCII/LVM

The problem is that I have to configure the save step as "overwrite once, then append" so I get a single file each time the project runs.  How can I get Signal Express to either prompt the user for a new file name with each run or have the ascii file saved into the log directory for that run.  As it stands now, the file gets overwritten with each new project run.

Thank you.

new user

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,820 Views)

Hi crawlejg,

You can set signal express to increment the file being created each time.  But if you are looking for 1 new file each time the project runs you will have to use LabVIEW as this advanced functionality is not available in Signal Express.  If you need help getting this to work in LabVIEW or have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,805 Views)

You can save ASCII file output for each run to a new log file.

Go to Tools, select Options, select Logging, click Automatically export log to ASCII file and change to Yes. Click Activate new log and change to Yes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,673 Views)